A 5-day trip to Las Vegas offers plenty of opportunities to explore the city’s iconic attractions, enjoy world-class entertainment, dine at fabulous restaurants, and experience the vibrant nightlife. Here’s a suggested itinerary to make the most out of your trip:
Day 1: Arrival and Relaxation
– Arrive in Las Vegas and check into your hotel.
– Spend the afternoon relaxing at the hotel pool and recovering from your journey.
– In the evening, take a leisurely stroll down the Las Vegas Strip, marvelling at the famous resorts and their dazzling lights.
Day 2: Explore the Strip
– Visit iconic hotels and casinos like Bellagio, Caesars Palace, The Venetian, and Wynn Las Vegas.
– Explore the Forum Shops at Caesars Palace for upscale shopping.
– Catch a fountain show at the Bellagio and visit the Bellagio Conservatory & Botanical Gardens.
– Enjoy a fine dining experience at one of the renowned restaurants on the Strip.
Day 3: Excursions and Shows
– Take a day trip to the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, or Red Rock Canyon (consider booking a guided tour).
– Alternatively, you can relax during the day and prepare for a night of entertainment.
– Attend a world-class show or concert. Las Vegas offers a variety of entertainment options, from magic shows and Cirque du Soleil performances to concerts by famous artists.
Day 4: Fremont Street Experience and Downtown
– Visit the Fremont Street Experience, known for its vibrant atmosphere and historic casinos.
– Explore the unique shops, bars, and restaurants in the area.
– Try your luck at some of the classic casinos on Fremont Street.
– Experience the famous Viva Vision light show in the evening.
– Enjoy a night out at the Downtown bars and clubs.
Day 5: Relaxation and Departure
– Spend your last morning in Las Vegas relaxing at the hotel spa or by the pool.
– Visit a buffet for a leisurely brunch, experiencing the wide variety of cuisines Las Vegas has to offer.
– Take some time for last-minute shopping or sightseeing.
– Depart Las Vegas, either by catching your flight or continuing your journey to other destinations.
Remember to drink plenty of water, especially if you plan to indulge in the city’s nightlife and entertainment. Las Vegas can be overwhelming, so it’s essential to balance your activities and take breaks to rest and recharge. Enjoy your trip!
What currency will I need?
The official currency of Washington, like the rest of the United States, is the United States Dollar (USD), which is the widely accepted and used currency for all transactions within the state. It is issued and regulated by the U.S. Federal Reserve System, which is the central bank of the United States.
The U.S. Dollar is subdivided into 100 cents, and it is available in various denominations of banknotes and coins, including $1, $5, $10, $20, $50, and $100 bills, as well as coins of 1 cent (penny), 5 cents (nickel), 10 cents (dime), 25 cents (quarter), 50 cents (half-dollar), and 1 dollar.
The U.S. Dollar is widely accepted and used in all types of transactions in Washington, including for buying goods and services, paying bills, conducting financial transactions, and as a unit of account. Most businesses and establishments in Washington, including banks, retailers, hotels, restaurants, and other service providers, accept U.S. Dollars as the standard form of payment.
Should I use travel cash or a card?
According to Mintel, 90% of British travellers take some travel cash with them. It’s perfect for tips, taxis, street-side vendors and locations which do not have card machines (or where they are not working). It’s easy to budget with, and share with other members of your party. It’s also not prone to technical faults, does not require internet access, and you won’t be charged to use it.
Having a debit card is also a great idea as backup – just make sure you know what fees the card issuer charges to make payments in the foreign currency (better still, find one that makes no charges at all). Bigger purchases should be made on a travel-friendly UK-issued credit card to get that additional Section 75 protection (see https://www.moneyhelper.org.uk/en/everyday-money/credit-and-purchases/how-youre-protected-when-you-pay-by-card). Make sure when paying by card that you ALWAYS pay in the foreign currency – do not let the card processor do the conversion to GBP as you will always get a worse rate. That applies even if the foreign currency is already loaded onto a prepaid multi-currency card – the card issuer will decide whether to settle from your foreign currency wallet or not.
Where can I buy currency?
You will typically get a better deal buying your travel cash here in the UK before you travel. Look for the highest possible foreign currency exchange rate to indicate the best deal. For example, a rate of US$1.2312 is better than US$1.2015 when buying United States Dollar (USD). Airports tend to offer the worst rates – especially if you have not pre-ordered – and you may find a bureau de change on your High Street, in a supermarket or department store, in many travel agents, and at major transport hubs.
You can also buy United States Dollar from Travel Money Club for next business day despatch to home via fully insured Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm. Unlike the competition, we don’t hide fees and charges in our exchange rates – you just pay a fair and transparent handling fee based on how much you are exchanging. Get an instant quote now at https://yourtmc.link/quote-usd.
Madeira is a popular tourist destination for several reasons. One of the main attractions is its stunning natural beauty, which includes lush green landscapes, towering mountains, dramatic sea cliffs, and crystal-clear waters. The mild climate of Madeira also makes it a year-round destination, with temperatures rarely dropping below 15°C in winter and rarely rising above […]
There are several reasons why people choose to visit Monaco. Here are some of the main attractions and features that make Monaco a popular destination: Glamour and Luxury: Monaco is synonymous with wealth, luxury, and glamour. It is known for its extravagant lifestyle, high-end fashion boutiques, luxurious hotels, and upscale casinos. The city-state is home […]
Mexico offers a diverse range of activities and attractions for travellers. Here are some popular things to do in Mexico: 1. Explore Ancient Ruins: Visit archaeological sites like Chichen Itza, Teotihuacan, and Palenque to discover ancient Mayan and Aztec civilizations. 2. Relax on Beaches: Enjoy the beautiful beaches of Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, and […]